A2Hosting Web Hosting Review – There are myriads of good web host services out there, and A2hosting web hosting is included within the list. You’d probably ask yourself, ‘What? A2hosting? What is that?” If you are asking these questions, you aren’t alone because there are also many other people who ask the same thing. Yes, this web host service isn’t as popular as HostGator or Bluehost, but they claim that they have faster speed – up to 20 times faster! If you aren’t familiar with their name, you WILL know them once you hear this claim, right? So, is it true that they are faster (or generally better) than other web hosting providers? Let’s check their overall performance and quality.
The Initial Startup
Although you may not be familiar with the name A2hosting web hosting, the provider isn’t new in this industry. They were previously set as Iniquinet and then they rebranded their product. They started in 2001 so they have been in the industry for quite a while. Aside from the claim that they are able to provide faster performance – much faster than the popular Bluehost, etc – they claim to have different data servers scattered around the world (in different continents), such as in Singapore (Asia), Amsterdam (Europe), and Michigan (America). They also claim to have a working uptime performance up to 99.9% which is almost perfect as well as being a reliable support guru. But are their claims true? Do they deliver the promised performance and quality?
Reliable and Stable Uptime
When you choose a web hosting service, you want to be sure that you get all the features you want, right? Well, the uptime is one of the most crucial elements in the web host service. You want to choose a service that can provide a stable and reliable uptime service – making sure that your website will be up and running without too much delay or disturbance. However, be extra careful when there is a web host service claiming that they can give you a perfect 100% uptime because such a thing will be super rare. It would mean that the connection will NEVER be distracted, disturbed, or delayed. You can test different kinds of web hosting services and none of them can deliver 100% working uptime. Many IT experts have done this and many of the web host providers aren’t able to deliver such a perfect performance. So, there is a great difference of those claiming that they can deliver at least 98% performance and those claiming the 100% – because the later would be likely a fraud.
Back to A2hosting web hosting and their uptime claim – it turns out that the company is able to deliver a total performance of 99.90% during the 8 months trial period. The standard perfect percentage is 99.94% and it seems that A2hosting is .04 worse than the regular standard. The average uptime is in between 99.89% and 99.99%. The numbers alone have spoken volumes about the quality and performance of the provider. If you want to know the details of the percentage, you can explore the internet and find the sources for the performance.
So, is it true that the provider is able to deliver 20 times faster performance and speed? When it is compared to the standard average speed, it is definitely 200% faster. You see, in most cases, the websites (and their web host services) are able to load in less than a second – which is quite impressive. If the web host service loads once in 3 seconds, it will be too long. Based on studies, 3 seconds load will cost you loss –and you will likely lose around 50% of the traffic. For online business owners, this is a disaster. This is one of the many reasons why speed is also important for them.
Based on the studies and tests, A2hosting web hosting is able to load in 413 milliseconds on the average performance. This is super cool – and impressive – especially since they take extra precautions and efforts to deliver such a perfect outcome. They do have the shared hosting server but they limit the numbers of users. So, even with its shared performance and quality, users can still enjoy the super fast operation. Moreover, aside from the fact that they are limiting the numbers of people, they also implement additional caching feature. This feature will automatically keep the information on the users’ browsers, so users won’t have to go back and forth again to the website to get the information. This is considered an efficient solution faster operation.
Responsive and Impressive Customer Support
You should consider impressive performance of customer support when choosing a web host service. Yes, uptime feature is crucial for the flawless operation and faster speed is nice for the smooth performance, but then again, who will you contact when you encounter a problem? When there is something wrong with the connection and you need guide to help solve the issue, who will you call? What should you do when you need help and advice? The customer support is often neglected and underestimated, but without them, users will be overwhelmed and clueless.
It’s a good thing that A2hosting web hosting does provide impressive customer support. They are based on the US, so you won’t have to worry that you may call a foreign number located in Vietnam or India with strange accents or such thing alike. The customer support is in America – they are helpful, friendly, and experienced. Feel free to contact them because they are always available 24/7 and you can contact them through ticket submission, phone, chat, and also email. There are tons of different options so you shouldn’t be confused about getting help.
It may be surprising for some people that the customer service gets A+ rating from BBB. This is quite impressive because it isn’t easy to get an A rating from BBB. And with the consideration that they have been in the business for more than 15 years – and they still manage to get the A+ rating – speaks volumes of their performance, ability, and quality.
A lot of people have tried testing the customer support because they still have doubts about the performance. In most cases, connection is made right away. You can ask them anything, and they will be able to answer it fast. If you need help concerning any issue or questions, they will provide solution in less than a minute. If you don’t believe my words, try it for yourself – let’s see how impressed you are with their performance.
Solid Security Parameter and Features
Another important factor to choose a reliable web service is to consider the safety features. What good does it make to choose a super impressive provider with fast service and flawless operation if the system is easily hacked or broken into? What good does it make to choose a provider if your data or your system are prone to theft? That’s why you should choose a provider that can offer you a solid and safe security system.
It is a good thing that A2hosting web hosting provides the HackScan, which is a free security service that will ward off the hackers from the sites. The app is able to provide virus scanning, a solid defense system, a no-stop security monitoring, and also dual web host firewall. Those are only some of the features and services available from HackScan. It doesn’t mean that other web hosting providers won’t offer such a security system but not all of the features are familiar. And what good does it make to choose a feature whose functionality you don’t even know? Moreover, A2hosting is able to deliver two kinds of services – they are offering the free security system and they provide a security system with familiar (and fully functional) features. It’s like having the various benefits from one single service providers, isn’t it?
Other General Perks
What else can you expect from this A2hosting web hosting?
- You can expect free site migrations. You will be given the ability to relocate the hosting provider for free if your website is using the cPanel, which is often used and implemented by professional websites. Some providers won’t bother offering this kind of service because it is time consuming and the process itself is pretty complicated. Some providers may be willing to help you with the relocation but they will charge you for it – they will charge you quite expensively.
- You can expect a system that is compatible with CMS (Content Management Systems). There are tons of popular CMS platforms that are easily used. Systems like Joomla, Drupal, OpenCart, Magento, or WordPress are some of the CMS names. The good thing is that A2hosting is compatible with these systems – some of the plugins are even pre-installed for the Turbo package – so you won’t have any problems operating the system and your site.
- You can get free CDN (Content Delivery Network). This system will redirect or re-route the traffic leading to your site so there will be a few obstacles and resistance. Not only it will help you with the faster speed, you can also expect a better security.
- You can enjoy the green web host service. Not many web host providers are dedicating themselves to the environment and fight off climate change. They are using the carbon neutral servers which will reduce the greenhouse gas emission. Pretty cool, huh?
A2hosting has 3 different packages with different prices and features. They will be listed from the cheapest one to the most expensive one.
- Expect to spend around $4 a month for this package. You can get 1 domain name, 5 subdomains and databases, and 25 email accounts. You can also enjoy the unlimited transfer, storage, and also money back guarantee.
- Expect to spend around $5 per month. You will get unlimited domain names, databases, and also email accounts. Again, you will be able to enjoy the unlimited storage, transfer, and also money back guarantee.
- The package costs around $9.30 a month, offering you unlimited names, databases, and email accounts. It has SPDY support and HTTP/2 for the faster speed. It has a site accelerator too so you can expect a flawless operation.
Some of the Downsides
As it was mentioned before, there is no such a thing as the perfect service with zero downsides. You can still expect some flaws when dealing with the A2hosting web hosting. But what are the downsides?
- They are more expensive. When compared to the standard web host prices, the price from A2hosting is definitely higher. You can enjoy the inexpensive price range of $4 per month but you need to subscribe for 24 months. If you choose the shorter period, the price is still considered higher. But now, the company provides a discount code that is applicable for shorter period of 12 months. But the code only applies one time. Nevertheless, if you want to get the best from your spending, you won’t regret consulting this service. After all, you really what you have paid for.
- The cheapest package has more restrictions and limitations. For instance, when you choose the Lite package (it is the cheapest one), you can only get 1 website and 5 databases. If you choose the higher package, you can get the unlimited offer. If faster speed is what you are looking for, you can choose the Turbo or the Swift. They are basically almost the same but the Turbo has more perks (such as built in cache engine or APC enabled system) than the Swift. Because of these, the Turbo has faster speed than the Swift.
There are still tons of things to like about this provider. The signup process is fairly easy and it isn’t complicated at all. They also provide flexible payment methods, including bank transfer, money order, PayPal, and credit cards. The activation is instant and the user-friendly system will help you a lot during the installation. But then again, the decision to choose the right provider is up to you. If you truly expect perfection and premium quality, you won’t regret choosing A2hosting web hosting at all.